Draft Terms of Reference
[INSERT NAME OF GROUP AND AREA COVERED]
Aims of the meeting
- The primary purpose of the meeting is to provide Hospice at Home leaders with peer support.
- The meeting offers designated time for Hospice at Home leaders to share ideas and consequently promoting best practice.
- The meeting will enable members to safeguard innovative ideas and peer review.
- The North West Hospice at Home leaders will develop their locality group through collaborative working and strive to be proactive in their ideas.
Attendance at the meeting
There will be a representative from each hospice in the [insert name of group]. This will be the Hospice at Home leader and/or Band 5 staff nurse and above. Any hospice opting out from attending meetings need to indicate if they still wish for minutes and information from meetings to be sent to them.
The meeting will be chaired by the host Hospice at Home leader.
Frequency of meetings
[each group can determine the frequency of their own meetings the following is just an example being used elsewhere] The meetings will be spread over the year incorporating 2 full days and a half day per year excluding the conference in November. It is proposed that the full day meetings are held in March and September and half day in June/July.
Format of the meeting
[each group can determine the format of their own meetings the following is just an example being used elsewhere]
|Full day meeting:||9.30 - 4pm|
|Half day meeting:||9.30 - 12.30pm|
|9.30||Housekeeping and welcome|
|9.45 – 10.30||Free time to network and discuss burning issues/reflection|
|10.30 – 11.00||Coffee|
|11.00 – 12.00||Speaker|
|12.00 – 13.00||Lunch|
|13.00 – 14.00||Speaker|
|14.00 – 16.00||Strategic development time incorporating open forum discussions/future projects/ideas for speakers for next meeting/sharing best practice.|
|Half Day Meeting:|
|This will be a planning meeting for the year, although time will be included for reflection.|
Venue for meetings
It is proposed that the meetings be held at the two/three hospices which are best placed for travel (near motorway networks). The host Hospice at Home leader would share the organisation of the meeting with another leader. (This point needs clarity from all leaders as some members do enjoy the opportunity of seeing other Hospice at Home facilities within the region).
Organisation of the meeting
The responsibility for organising the meeting will be shared around the members of the group. A deputy from either the organiser’s hospice or another hospice will be nominated just in case of illness or unforeseen circumstances to enable the meeting to take place. Information relating to speakers etc will be made available to each person.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Effective time management to include during meetings and response times with reference to any work undertaken
- Mutual respect – allow people’s views to be heard
- Minimum 4 (quorum) attendees to carry forward a decision
- Agenda for each meeting to be sent out before the meeting
- Minutes of meeting to be sent within two weeks of meeting
- Minutes of the meeting to be forwarded to the Regional Link for The National Association of Hospice at Home